CHECK OUT CLASS MEMBER REVIEWS RIGHT HERE
CLASS BLOG IS HERE
This class is the antidote for all of those paper scraps that keep multiplying in your favorite scrap box and clogging up your artistic super highway! Seen below are 2 lovely journals made by class members. See more HERE.
In this process AND project oriented class we'll be constructing a shabby yet sturdy journal using all that paper you've been hoarding. I'll show you how I built the kind of travel journals seen HERE, HERE, or HERE. Both of those were filled to capacity in 2 weeks and you'll do the same with yours without ever leaving home! In addition to excellent travel journals & memory books, Remains of the Day journals also make excellent mini-scrapbooks, funky day planners, writing journals, collage journals, garden journal, or inspiration books.
Using simple art supplies like tape, staples, glue sticks, scissors, paper & fabric scraps, and your favorite inky pen we'll set out on a recycled voyage of discovery. ORDINARY life never looked better than seen through the pages of this stitched up journal of scraps. Between these pages you'll be recording the little days that are all too easily forgotten. The small activities between the bigger events of your life that get left behind.
Once your shabby journal is constructed I'll show you how to start filling it up. In fact, you'll watch me fill mine up!
- registration (see below) for this self-paced class is ongoing.
- read the comments section below for student reviews
- 27 high quality videos available from the day you register
- 32 pages of full-color PDF also available for immediate download
- at least 5 pages of digital collage elements for download (labels, tabs, numbers, words, journaling spots)
- sewing machine is required
- SUPPLY LIST = scraps of paper, security envelopes, fabric, sewing machine, quilting thread, 1 yard of waxed linen, regular or bookbinding needle, scotch tape, packing tape, your choice of dry adhesive (I'm using a glue stick), any kind of camera
- A fast computer (with current software updates) & high-speed internet service to process & watch the videos will be vital as well as enough technical know-how to download and print the PDF documents. If you are regularly able to watch videos of up to 10 minutes in length w/o interruption you should be just fine. Do make sure though, since tuition is non-refundable once your password to the class blog has been sent.
- Every registered student has FULL ACCESS TO class blog & videos indefinitely. No cut-off date for as long as you remember your log-in information. Think of this as a gift certificate you don't want to lose. In the unlikely event that I ever decide to take the class down, I'll give you plenty of advanced notice.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not a sewing course, but a sewing machine is required. I am not a seamstress. I use guerrilla sewing tactics and so can you!
I use the Brother XL2600. It's inexpensive - under $100, VERY sturdy, and sews through anything. However, I suggest you use whatever machine you have instead of purchasing a new one.
IF THE IDEA OF SEWING UP A SHABBY BOOK OF SCRAPS SEEMS CHALLENGING...DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED!!! I teach 2nd grade craft monkeys (whose primary language is not English) on a regular basis. I will take you by the hand and guide you through each step. Like I tell my students: everything seems difficult if you don't know how to do it. I'll answer your questions and provide counsel to your most elementary questions.
Registration is CLOSED, but will reopen soon!
INSTANT DOWNLOAD - NO WAITING!
Please note, the download link will expire after 3 attempts or 1 week whichever comes first. Directions for download can be found in my online class policies and helpful information page HERE.
Class log-in information is automatically sent to the email associated with your Paypal account. It is not possible to forward the information to another email since it is automatized. Once you click on the email you receive you must check your DOWNLOADS section on your computer in order to find the class log-in information.
Please read my online class policies & helpful information HERE before you register. The info will come in handy!